Answer Precision invites applications from interested, qualified individuals for the position of a full time Purchaser. This position reports directly to the Office Manager and is expected to begin as soon as possible.
Nature & Scope of Position:
Under the general direction of the Office Manager, the Purchaser is an integral member of the Office team. The individual will primarily be responsible for purchasing all items needed in the shop and office. This is a fast paced, sometimes demanding role. This role will also assist in the compilation of data for various reports. Responsibilities can include the following:
- Assist all departments in the ordering of the needed parts or supplies to ensure production can run effectively.
- Prepare all purchase orders, review for processing and data entry.
- Ensure all order items arrive on time.
- Follow up on any missing items and late items.
- Assist in the compilation of data for various reports.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels; place orders as required; and arrange for servicing of office equipment
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients/customers, and visitors.
- Preferred three years of experience in a purchasing role, metal fabrication or tool shop.
- An understanding and knowledge of purchasing procedures to assist with Answer Precision’s purchasing process.
- The ability to find cost savings is an asset.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
Salary and benefits will be paid/provided in accordance with company policy.
Occasional overtime may be required.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply in writing, giving full particulars as to education, qualifications and experience by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 p.m., on Friday January 17th 2020.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (A.O.D.A.) Answer Precision welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities to apply. We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support all aspects of the recruitment process under AODA.